Friday, February 21, 2014

Thing 16

I decided to skip around a little on the "Things" so I went to the audio thing.  I'm not really into music, at least not since the sixties.  I have one cassette tape in my car and have listened to that Johnny Cash album over and over again for months now.  It sounds boring but I now know ALL the words.  I got the SoundCloud app and I did check out some of the music and found a couple of people to follow, at least for a while.  I also added some tracks by the "Chiefs of the North" to my personal play list.  Check them out (one of the band members is my son-in-law and this is a plug for his band.)

I checked out the U of Washington's playlist.  It was interesting and I was glad to find some storytelling among the music tracks.  I can see a library use of music, storytelling, historical recordings which would be great for reference, etc.  I know it would be great to update followers on library events and book reviews would be okay, but I think it would be great to have a catalog of music that would supplement a student's research of different periods in history as well as music from other countries or peoples.  This is another way libraries could remain relevant to their communities.

No comments:

Post a Comment