Friday, February 21, 2014

Thing 18

I like the reference apps.  I already had a dictionary app.  I play Scrabble a lot and I check my Scrabble dictionary app and then move on to my regular dictionary when I find acceptable words but no definition available.  I also look up words when I'm reading regular books and find new words.  I just wish I could remember them all.   I can't find a crossword puzzle dictionary app that I like although I can find a website if I need help.  My day isn't complete with the New York Times crossword puzzle.  I don't like to use help unless it's absolutely necessary.  I don't do the puzzles in ink.  I do them in pencil with a big eraser.

I also looked into the Google maps which were fun and I'll probably use.  I couldn't get the 3D Brain app but I found Anatomy 3D.  It's not too exciting but it reminds me of the Visible Man kits of my youth where you make a see through model of the human body.  I always wanted one of those.  I also tried the iTranslate app. I have a knitting pattern in Spanish that my basic Spanish reading skills are not good enough to translate and this could help.  Of course, I couldn't find it when I wanted it so I pulled up a program description on cable TV in Spanish so I could try out the app.  Mostly it worked but I got a couple of odd translations.  At least when I find my kntting pattern I'll have a pretty good idea if the translation is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment