Saturday, February 22, 2014

Thing 19

I wanted the bird identification app but I couldn't get the lite version and didn't want to buy the complete version, so I moved on to other interests.  I got the ESPN ScoreCenter app and picked my sports and my teams.  Unfortunately it doesn't offer anything related to track and field, just team sports, but it will be useful.  I already access ESPN on the internet and can watch the programming and some of the games but this will work for a quick check like the night I was working at the library during some kind of open house during a Twins playoff game.  I had to keep everyone up-to-date on the score.  This app would be ideal for that.

I didn't  see another suggested app that I could download or was interested in so I tried knitting apps.  The magazine apps required in-app purchases unless you already had a subscription.  I did find an old Vogue Knitting issue that I could access but I'd already read it and I found a free 30-day trial of another magazine that I had not read.  I got one free issue.  I also found a couple of apps that will be useful for working a project.  They offered yarn calculations, stitch counting, gauge info, and one even had a ruler for measuring swatches.  I doubt I'll use the stitch counter because it seems more awkward than the little devices that you stick on the end of your needle, but the other features may come in handy since I always have to adjust patterns to suit my yarns.  The ones in the patterns are always too expensive.  I plan to check out a couple of other related apps including crochet apps, pattern apps, other craft apps. etc.  Most are cheap.  And this is a good weekend to stay home and knit.


BTW the Wild are winning.  I checked my ESPN app.

No comments:

Post a Comment