Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thing 21


I think my favorite app right now is Pinterest.  I have been using it to search for library programming ideas.  A friend and I have been doing three-part theme programs consisting of making a card, a craft, and a treat.  I have been using Pinterest to get craft and treat ideas and then I save them.  I look for projects that can be done in about 30 minutes and at a low cost.  I want things that can easily be duplicated by the patrons at home as well as in the program.  These programs have been well attended and the participants seem to have a good time with the crafts and the other participants as they move from one project table to the next  I have checked the library related pins but did not find anything that met our needs.

I also use this app for saving knitting and other craft patterns and ideas for my personal use,  Because I pinned a knitted fox stole, I now have to make three of them for my granddaughters.  One of  their mothers follows my pins and the girls are really into foxes since they discovered the "What Does the Fox Say" video.  I also save recipes and I when I find a pin that I like, I often follow those accounts.

I have discovered another app called Pocket that I can use for saving Web pages that I can read off-line so I can save my knitting patterns and recipes.  I plan to explore that one further.

No comments:

Post a Comment