Friday, February 7, 2014

Thing 8

I didn't realize that there were so many different social sites available.  I joined Facebook several years ago while doing 23 Things and I still check it every day.  I use it mainly to follow friends and family (and to play games) and I've reconnected with some people I haven't seen in years.  I also use it for messaging my kids.  I used to text through my e-mail but now that they all have smart phones, this is much better for all of us.  I watched a video of my Facebook activity highlights and my posts were mostly along the lines of "The Vikings suck."  I also have a Twitter account which I set up at the same time and get a few tweets from news and sports sites that I follow.  I don't care to tweet myself and I have a grand total of two followers, one of which is family.  I don't know who the other one is.

I did set up a LinkedIn account and was surprised to find out which of my friends already have accounts.  I read a little about some of the other apps available and maybe I'll try them later.  I guess I'm not a social person.  I'd rather read a book than surf the web or follow tweets although I can see how these can be useful. And for old times' sake.  I think I'll look up my old MySpace account if I can remember my sign-in information.  It's been a long time since I've been on that site.

I also use Google+.  I am really enjoying doing this program and I am discovering so many apps I didn't even know existed but I am a little overwhelmed by all this information that's coming at me.  Eventually I will cull the stuff I don't need and learn more about the stuff I save.  My Kindle is full of new apps, photos, files.  I only have one book on the device which is the reason I got it in the first place.  Oh, I do have a few knitting patterns, which is sort of like having books, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment